Choosing the right Sinks & Taps
Choosing the right sink and taps for your kitchen or bathroom may seem like a simple decision, but there are a lot more different designs and types than you would first think. Different tap designs work better in different rooms, with kitchens and bathrooms having different needs, as well as suiting different interior design styles.
Taps come in such different variations and designs, with these being both practical and aesthetic. In terms of practical designs there are mixer taps which have a single faucet, boiling water taps, pull out taps and separate hot and cold taps.
Historically it is more traditional to have separate hot and cold taps but there are now modern designs available if this is what you prefer. Likewise, there are traditional looking designs for the mixer taps.
Taps can come in different colours such as chrome, brushed steel, rose gold, gold and stainless steel. There really is a tap to suit everybody’s taste
Just as you have a wide range of choice in tap you also have a large range of designs in sinks.
Not only is there a vast selection of designs there are a number of material available from the well-known stainless steel to the not so well know quartz composite (80% quartz sand and 20% hard acrylic resin).
Each material has its advantages:
- Stainless steel offers quality, durability and ease of cleaning
- Porcelain are durable, resistant to hot and cold and easy to clean. It is not recommended however to use abrasive cleaners.
- Integral solid surface sinks form part of the worktop meaning the design is sleek and there are no gaps between the sink and worktop where water and dirt can accumulate.
- Granite composite is scratch, chip and heat resistant (offering resistancy up to 280oC)
- Quartz composite can resist everyday cuts, scuffs, dents and is available in a wide range of colours
Once you have decided on the medium for you sink you then need to think about design; do you need 1 bowl, 1.5 bowl, 2 bowl, square or round. We are positive that you will find a sink that fits your every requirement and looks great in your kitchen.
Connells Kitchens Bathrooms & Bedrooms
For a wide selection of sinks and taps to suit every style, take a visit to Connells KBB. Our range stocks every kind of tap and sink design that you could want, so there’s something for every interior style. With taps for the kitchen, basins, and baths, we’ve got the whole range covered. Take a visit to our Ipswich showroom for a look at our entire range of taps and sinks, or get in touch with us if you’d like a chat about our products and services.